Thursday, January 3, 2013

Getting close to 1 year!

Wow! I knew I hadn't blogged in awhile but I didn't realize it had been almost 5 months! I guess life gets in the way even when we have the best of intentions. Of course, life gets in the way of a lot of things including weight loss. Right now I'm stuck on the side lines because of an injured SI joint, and not exercising or always eating like I should. However, I do feel the gastric sleeve surgery is continuing to help me. I still can't overeat and I'm not gaining weight. I just can't get these last 15 pounds off either!

I have a little less than 2 months until my 1 year anniversary of the surgery. I really want to get as much of that extra off by then. It's hard to get back in that mindset I had in those months after surgery. Other than the smaller portions, I'm finding that not much is different. I can eat almost all the same things. It's all a head game at this point. I'm the one who has to want to make the changes. I have to want to exercise. I have to want to eat right. I do want those things, and now I just have to do them.

Now for the most recent update on my progress. I'm down a total of 75 pounds! I am wearing size medium tops and dresses and size 12 pants. I look at this side-by-side comparison and I'm amazed at the changes I see. I am so much happier and I don't regret having the surgery at all. Even if I didn't lose another pound I am much healthier than I've been in a long time. I only need to lose 8 more pounds to get to a normal BMI. I am so excited!

So for now maybe I need to start blogging more and be held a little more accountable. It's easy to get comfortable where I am. I need that challenge to prove I can reach my ultimate goal!



No comments:

Post a Comment